Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Brazilian Portuguese


Today I visited the Embassy of Brazil, because I needed to register for a conversation class. I hate it that last spring when I took Portuguese lessons at Diálogo in Salvador, I was able to speak quite well, but now I have forgot the most of it, since I never get to use it. I've been wanting to take lessons for a while, but in all universities and schools in Finland, they teach Portuguese Portuguese, not Brazilian Portuguese. And I don't want to lose my Brazilian accent.
I just figured out a few days ago that I should probably take a look at the Embassy's webpages (why didn't that thought come to my mind earlier???), and so I did and found a perfect class which starts April 19. Yippee! And an even bigger yippee to myself for today, as I was able to survive with my Portuguese in the Embassy. :)
On my way back, I passed by Helsinki Cathedral which was whiter than I remembered.

No comments: