Sunday, March 18, 2007

Election day


Today is the day of election of the parliament. I just came from casting my vote. This is probably (I'm not 100 % sure) the first time I am voting on the actual election day. I usually vote in the advance voting period just to be sure I will not miss the thing. As you know, I am the moving kind, so I can never be sure if I will be home for the election. But today I was.
Picking my candidate was a bit difficult, since this is the first time I'm voting in Tampere region and I don't know the candidates here too well. Actually this is the second time I get to vote as a Tampere citizen, but the last time it was the presidential election and the whole country was one big electoral district. And in fact, I cast my vote for Sauli Niinistö in Singapore, not in Tampere.
Today it was tough choice for me as always between finding a green and liberal
Kokoomus candidate or a right-wing Green League candidate. A very tough choice.

No comments: